Olemme auttaneet yrityksiä valitsemaan
parempia ohjelmistoja jo 15 vuoden ajan

Tuotteen Slack arvostelut

4,7 (23 225)

Tietoja tuotteesta Slack

Slack kokoaa kaiken viestinnän yhteen paikkaan. Se tarjoaa reaaliaikaisen viestinnän, arkistoinnin ja haut nykyaikaisille tiimeille.

Lue lisää tuotteesta Slack

Hyvät puolet:

The giphy integration is the perfect way to get folks engaged. I love the search function and the auto-response feature the best.

Huonot puolet:

I get lost on some of the channels - there are a lot of channels with different teams. I find that I get confused with which channel is for what.

Slack: arvostelut

Keskimääräinen pisteytys

Helppokäyttöisyys
Asiakaspalvelu
Ominaisuudet
Vastinetta rahalle

Todennäköisyys suosittelulle

Tuotteen Slack yleisarvosana on 4,7/5 tähteä. Se perustuu 23 225 Capterran käyttäjän arvosteluun.

Oletko käyttänyt tuotetta Slack aiemmin?

Jaa kokemuksesi muiden ohjelmisto-ostajien kanssa.

Suodata arvosteluja (23 224)

Lead Game Developer, Meksiko
Verkko-oppiminen, 10 000+ - työntekijät
Käytti ohjelmistoa seuraavaan tarkoitukseen: 6–12 kuukautta

Great for big projects

5,0 4 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Great, worked in a huge team, reaching out to the production and QA team, as well as having direct contact with all my middle managers at the company.

Hyvät puolet:

I used Slack for my time being at a large company with 10,000+ employees. I had never been in a large team before but Slack made the project managment process and team comunication easy.

Huonot puolet:

As a user, none at all, but as a small business owner wanting to use Slack, it is quite expensive.

Kulutustavarat, 2–10 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Best digital workplace you need for a small or medium company !

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: It’s part of our daily routine at work so I don't think we are getting rid of slack anytime soon.

Hyvät puolet:

The instant messaging, the integration with API or other apps ( which in my point of view is very important ), the fact that you can use it as cloud docs management for your office are things that I mostly like.

Huonot puolet:

It can a bit frustrating finding docs, the search is not always responsive, but I can find my way around. The quality of the calls needs some work a little, but it's getting better, that's for sure.

Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 10 000+ - työntekijät

Slack : A very quick review

3,0 5 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Slack improves correspondence among colleagues. In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the need of email yet yes it clearly reduces unnecessary inside messages Slack stays a standout amongst the best group informing applications since it offers more than some other application in this classification. For a variety of devices and platforms, Slack is available: mobile Mac, Windows, Linux, Web, Android, iOS, and Windows.
It is a cloud-based tool in real time, so you need an Internet connection to use it regardless of which app you have.

Hyvät puolet:

What I truly like is to discover individuals and ping them and begin a transformation. Most significant, you can share records, photographs, URL, gifs (Very significant), in a solitary spot. Making joint effort simple and something to appreciate. at the point when significant data is imparted to other application it gets lost and there is no record of it. With the slack channel, the data is put away and can be utilized as references Slack makes it workable for its clients to have numerous alternatives of getting informed. The best component, as I would see it, is the place somebody can "@" you in a message or a post.

Huonot puolet:

Below are some points which I least like in Slack: Video calls are just bolstered in the work area applications and Slack for web in the Chrome program. In the event that you join a call from a cell phone, you get sound as it were. So also, screen sharing just works from the work area applications, what's more, sharing control of screen sharing just works in the Mac and Window work area applications (not Linux). From the web application in Chrome, you can watch on the off chance that another person utilizes screen sharing, yet you can't start it. There is also no option for downloading conversations to create a hard copy record (for minutes of meeting, etc.). No File Preview: If you could preview a document without downloading it first, it would be nice. But Slack does'nt have this feature.

japhet
Creative Director, Etelä-Afrikka
Televiestintä, 2–10 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

The ultimate solution for remote work!

5,0 3 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Slack allows me to organize my meetings and team interactions with professionalism. It serves as an excellent platform for file sharing, and the additional feature of screen sharing adds even more value.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is intelligently designed for entrepreneurs, offering efficiency and timeliness. It's particularly beneficial for remote work, as it consolidates all tasks into one software, saving a significant amount of time.

Huonot puolet:

Regarding drawbacks, I haven't encountered any significant ones yet. Slack is incredibly user-friendly, and I discover new features every day, enhancing its overall usability.

Yuliya
QA, USA
Kirjoittaminen ja editointi, Itsetyöllistetyt
Arvostelijan lähde

Slack is a great tool for team collaboration

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: I like using Slack for communication on my work projects and as a chat with my friends. Slack is a valuable tool for communication and collaboration in the workplace and everyday life.

Hyvät puolet:

One of the main advantages of Slack is intuitive interface. Also I like a channel based structure which allows teams to create a dedicated space for projects.

Huonot puolet:

When working in a large team with multiple chats I did experience a message overload. It felt like constant stream of notifications and it takes some time to manage them.

FRED
Students' President, Sveitsi
Korkeakoulutus, 1 001–5 000 - työntekijät

SUCCESSFUL LIMITLESS ONLINE MEETING SCHEDULING

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: Adaptivity on VoIP, VC and web conferencing services,file transfer and content creation.

Hyvät puolet:

Easy-to-use templates supporting custom LMS for drag-drop option. Full HD video and web streaming. Audio VoIP in bridge. Agile and elegant file sharing. Available across all internet devices on both browsers and desktop.

Huonot puolet:

I think of zero negative compliment to air for now.

Rahoituspalvelut, 501–1 000 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Slack changed how I communicate at work.

5,0 3 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Hyvät puolet:

Slacks user interface design makes it difficult to miss out on any message, even if I am not logged-in for days. When I open my Slack app on mobile phone or on my desktop, all channels I am a member of , with new messages or updates are clearly highlighted. When I click on any of the channels, Slack shows me the exact number of messages I have missed out on . This approach to user interface design has made my Slack communication experience , very smooth.

Huonot puolet:

For me, Slack easily gets addictive and this has been the case for years. This is because of the non-stop activity on the app, even after work hours. Infact, I am tempted to say that Slack has made it difficult to blur the boundaries between my work and personal life.

Arvostelijan lähde

Such a help with collaboration

Hyvät puolet:

This really does make collaborating on projects simple, easy and straightforward. It can manage documents, teams, project management and all sorts of other integrations

Huonot puolet:

Sometimes I find the huddle function useless, colleagues cannot hear me when I’m talking or I can’t hear them. I’ve raised complaints but it’s never been fixed

Andrés Darío
Andrés Darío
Software Engineer, Ecuador
Valtionhallinto, 201–500 - työntekijät

Slack for a goverment Deploy Team

4,0 3 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Kommentit: my experience is good, but the cost and the time to save the files in the system don't help to think to buy the product.

Hyvät puolet:

Is simple, useful and light to run in an old computer

Huonot puolet:

The GUI isn't actual and erase the chat history and files in 90 days.

Rahoituspalvelut, 201–500 - työntekijät

One of the Best Communication tools

Hyvät puolet:

Really love how easy and organized your team can be with your Team

Huonot puolet:

It’s not easy to get up to start but definitely worth it

Erik
Systems Administrator, USA
Terveys, hyvinvointi ja kuntoilu, 201–500 - työntekijät

Great team messaging application

5,0 5 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Overall experience has been great. All the features work as intended. We have never had people miss notifications, fail to send attachments, not able to logon etc... All issues we have had with MS Teams.

Hyvät puolet:

It is very easy to use. Appealing graphical interface. Many integrations with other apps. Easy to use features. Shortcuts make work quick, as well as the slash commands. Easy to navigate, create channels (public or private) and customize for your team.

Huonot puolet:

The cost is high. Our company has the paid version of slack, which is a great product. However, since we are using O365, teams is included for *free*. It was hard to justify keeping Slack as a paid product when we have another solution available. Keep in mind, teams is a sub par replacement.

Matthew
Lead Data Engineer, USA
Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 501–1 000 - työntekijät

The Gold Standard For Workplace Communication

5,0 4 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: We have employees all over the world so Slack is our hub for communication. We use it to have conversations, post announcements, and brainstorm ideas. It can also launch video conferences with excellent annotation features which makes it easy to share ideas about a document or piece of code.

Hyvät puolet:

It is extremely easy to use, there are many bots and tools to customize your workspace, and the actual communication tools are superior to the ones offered by Google and Microsoft. For example, the ability to thread conversations, easily set reminders about messages, and other subtle things add up to a much better communication system.

Huonot puolet:

I have experienced no major negatives as a user of the product. Depending on the number of users in your organization, the monthly cost will start to add up but I think this is similar to their competitors unless you're already paying them for other services that include something like Microsoft Teams, for example.

Adam
Marketing Manager, Britannia
Internet, 5 001–10 000 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Makes it easier to work with other people & teams

5,0 4 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: I spend most of my day in and out of Slack and it helps to keep things moving quickly. No need for long winded and formal emails or bulky ticketing systems with Slack around.

Hyvät puolet:

I like how easy Slack is to use. It’s as simple as you would expect an instant messenger app to be, but it has so many more features than that are just as easy to use! I can start a zoom call with a simple command, I get a message to remind me I have a meeting about to start and I can keep up to date with things happening across the company at a glance without having to trawl through email threads constantly.

Huonot puolet:

I haven’t come across something I particularly like the least about the software as of yet. One thing I have tried to do but been unable is to quote a particular part of somebody’s message. Sometimes it’s useful to refer back to something myself or someone else in a conversation said, but the only option I know of is the forward/share message function. It would be good to have a simple ‘quote’ feature which allowed you to quote all of or a section of the message. But this isn’t a fault, only a potential improvement on an already great product.

Luke
Luke
Account Director, Britannia
Arvostelijan lähde

I sometimes wonder how collaboration worked before Slack

5,0 4 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: I find it hard to remember life before Slack. We all worked in a single open plan office but, like most offices, still communicated predominantly from our desks. Our go to IM tool was Skype and it was an easy way for conversations to get siloed. Slack brought those conversations out into the open, made them discoverable and brought in automations to make them richer. If you're debating whether to use Skype or Slack there really is no contest. I'd also suggest it outperforms Teams and other competing collaboration and instant messaging tools for it's deep integrations.

Hyvät puolet:

Real-time instant messaging, file sharing and integrations with key apps that automate important proceses mean a high percentage of tasks can be managed all in one place.

Huonot puolet:

Threads are often difficult to keep track of. Slack has done its best to elevate Threads but I still find myself missing things when people don't @ mention me.

Deneb
Captain Accessible, USA
Internet, 2–10 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Pretty great way to connect with your team

4,0 2 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: I really enjoy using Slack to connect with various groups and individuals I need to interact with both inside and outside of my work organization. Adding additional connections outside of my organization is easy and then gives me access to all work-related communications inside the app I already use for work communications. Very convenient!

Hyvät puolet:

It's easy to set up new workspaces, and once they're set up you have an easy way to connect with all the people you work with simply and in either a synchronous or asynchronous way. This is especially helpful when connecting with people from multiple timezones.

Huonot puolet:

Video calls are pretty resource-intensive so it's sometimes hard to do such things as share your screen to demonstrate a problem you're working on. Furthermore, those controls always get in the way of what you're trying to do. It would be nice if they could be minimized into a floating button, or something, that you could move out of the way until you needed them.

Internet, 501–1 000 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Collaboration tool that has enabled unicorns across the globe

5,0 2 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Indispensable tool that has made remote work a possibility across the globe.

Hyvät puolet:

I LOVE the digital workspace that Slack offers. I don't know how any company would be surviving in the pre-Slack era. Slack is extremely easy to use and has instant messaging, video calling, voice calling, screen sharing, file sharing and integration features that makes it a boss of professional digital workspaces of the remote future of work.

Huonot puolet:

There is absolutely nothing to not like about Slack today.

Slack Review

5,0 6 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Overall I don't know how we would function without Slack. It is a key component of our company workflow and with all the integrations available with Slack, we're being more productive, seeing less in our inbox, and getting work done faster and efficiently. We will likely move up to the paid version soon, since there are additional function's we'd like to use (like accessing archived conversations and files). I would recommend Slack to everyone - I even use it personally in place of other messaging apps!

Hyvät puolet:

I love how easy Slack is to use. It's extremely user friendly with a familiar interface. If you ever used AIM (instant messenger) or iChat in the past, Slack will feel very similar. I also love that we can drag and drop to share large files in Slack. When working in a fast environment where things like presentations or creative need to be reviewed around quickly, but are too large to email, Slack is a really handy tool. Also, the ability to share code snippets without the formatting getting lost is huge while working with development teams. Excellent foresight by the Slack engineers to include this functionality. Finally, Slack bot responses! I was able to set up responses for lost passwords and logins for our team, as well as basics like team member phone numbers, or birthdays, so we aren't digging through address books and instead we can just quickly ask Slack for help. It's really great.

Huonot puolet:

One thing that's actually really frustrating is not having control over deleting conversations. As with any direct messaging app, there's an expectation of privacy between those two people. However, it's really unclear if upper management can ever access these direct messages. As such, I know a number of people who had tried to mass-delete threads (in the event mgmt could read them) but it wasn't possible in the free version of Slack (and I'm unsure if it's even available in the paid version). There are third party apps to help delete comments, but it'll only do yours and not the entire thread. It would be helpful for employees to know exactly how private their direct messages are, and have the ability to delete content they want to. Also, being able to have the slack bot responses work in direct messages, and not just open channels, would be nice. Being in a playful environment, different groups have added various, secret, slack bot responses, but most of our communication happens in direct messages and not in the open channels. As such we lose out of this fun functionality.

Charlie
Charlie
Sr. Software Development Manager, USA
Tietokoneen ohjelmistot, 1 001–5 000 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

A new (and fun) way to communicate

4,0 5 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: When we started with Slack, the folks pushing it said, it will cut down significantly on your email. I didn't believe that it would but as more and more people started using it I saw a major decrease in my email. I love not having long confusing threads. If something is posted in a channel everyone in the channel gets to follow if they chose to do so. It makes work life so much easier.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack seems to have taken the lead in social media type business communication. We started using them a few years ago and have at times reviewed other systems but always came back to Slack having something that the others didn't. We started with one business unit and recently pushed it out to the whole company as our preferred method of internal communication. The product is easy to use. People seem to pick it up and start up on it in hours rather than days or weeks. While some people have other tool preferences, most people seem to like working with it. It is designed to be a fun tool. When you have read all your messages, it will say something silly like, "Your all done, here is a tractor" and show you a picture of a little tractor. Quotes will come up while it is loading although it loads so fast that you don't have time to read them - a good thing. Users can add their own quotes too. Generally it has a fun look and feel to it. Finally customer support has been fantastic (at least from a user point of view - I am not in IT and therefore not involved in set up support) I have sent messages to them numerous times with questions or suggestions and have always received a fast response back. My questions have been answered and I have even seen a few of my suggestions appear in later releases. Overall Slack is a strong, easy to use, fun product.

Huonot puolet:

There are a few things I would like to see improved in Slack. 1. Slack gives you options to easily have private group conversations which is nice if you want to discuss something with just three or four people. Bringing another person into the group and letting them see the conversation history is not an option. I understand why they do this. They are supposed to be private messages but it is really frustrating. 2. I am a channel hoarder. I have lots of channels that I like to follow. It would be really nice to be able to organize the channels into folders so that I didn't have some many in front of me. It would also make the one channel I need easier to find. Our company didn't do a great job of setting naming standards so the channel I need is stuck somewhere in a meaningless alpha list of channels. 3. And finally, give us longer channel names! We are stuck with 22 character limit on names and no capitalization which makes Con #2 just a bit worse. People creating channels have to be creative about names which is one of the things that led to our naming standards falling apart.

Chaya
Chaya
Trainee Software Engineer, Sri Lanka
Tietokoneen ohjelmistot, 51–200 - työntekijät

Slack – Managing projects optimally

3,0 5 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Slack is a tool which can be used as a project management tool for managing projects and also it can be used for internal communication inside a project group or a company. Each project group can have its own channels inside the company workspace. Communication through private and public channels has made Slack more popular among the users.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack can be considered as a project management tool. Slack provides both mobile version and desktop version applications where the mobile version is installed in the mobile phone so that whatever may be the situation user may not miss any important information about the project instantly. While the desktop version helps to transfer files of the working project easily while working on the project. Slack provides the facility to share the files, folders, audio and video clips, links. there are private and public channels in slack. Users can be added to these channels and if the users prefer they can have their own personal chats through slack. The emojis, stickers, GIF are also added In Slack to provide better user experience and attract the users with its familiar look to most of the social media or texting apps.

Huonot puolet:

In order to use Slack users need to have a proper network connection. Without proper network coverage, Slack won’t work. Sometimes messages won’t be delivered to the other side after a selected time(10 PM). Unless the user sets his or her state into active user won’t receive notifications after 10 pm. If the state is away then the messages sent after 10 pm won’t be delivered till the next morning. Because of this sometimes users may miss some important messages. It is both an advantage and a disadvantage too. There is no mechanism to know whether the receiver read the message or not once a message is sent. The sender has to wait until other messages come from the receiver acknowledging that the receiver read the message.

Kylee
Marketing Account Executive, USA
Kiinteistöpalvelut, 1 001–5 000 - työntekijät

Excellent Team Communication Program

5,0 5 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Being in Marketing, my team and I have to send many large design files on a daily basis. During a review process of one project, we may send up to 20 files back and forth. We found that sending via email was clogging up our limited email space very quickly and it also became difficult to go through an email thread to make sure you have all the notes from different team members. So, we began searching for a communication platform that would not only allow us to send large files, but one that could also make communication easier. We have found that with Slack! We started using Slack just over five years ago and we never looked back! The file-sharing capabilities are phenomenal. Whether you are using the desktop app, online version or mobile app, files and attachments are easily downloaded or you can view them directly in Slack. With many of our team members working remotely, Slack has also made communication and collaboration on projects much easier. By creating different channels, we have been able to single in on specific projects. That way, communication is not lost in a long email thread. Furthermore, the search capabilities within Slack make it simple to go back in a conversation and find any past content. Slack also allows us to one-off each other, when we need a more private conversation or a direct comment needs to be made. We are also enjoying the notification and status settings. All of us on our Marketing team would highly recommend using Slack!

Hyvät puolet:

Hands down, the best feature about Slack is its file-sharing capabilities. It has made our jobs easier as a Marketing team to have this in a communication platform, especially since we need to send many files on a day-to-day basis. With many of us working from home or out of the office, having a centralized communication platform where we can communicate on projects, while file-sharing, is essential. It has kept us all out of "email jail" and has streamlined our review processes and turnaround times for meeting crucial deadlines.

Huonot puolet:

There is very little I dislike about Slack, but I would say that the "Threads" communication portion of Slack could be developed a bit better. With this feature, someone can reply directly to a specific comment rather than in the full channel. The only issue with this is that the thread pops up on the right side of the screen, rather than directly below the original comment. Sometimes, this can be confusing and the notifications for Threads can sometimes be overlooked. If Slack were able to open the Thread directly under the original comment/post, that would make communication and notifications less confusing.

Andrea
Andrea
Campaign Manager, USA
Käytti ohjelmistoa seuraavaan tarkoitukseen: 6–12 kuukautta

Great for interoffice communication

5,0 4 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Interoffice communication has been streamlined and processes made faster by being able to communicate quickly and efficiently. Slack does a great job of bringing our coworkers together whom are remote or in different parts of the country as if everyone is in the same room having a conversation.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is a very convenient tool for inter-office communication and is what we've used exclusively for the last 7 months or so after switching from Skype. Most of our work is done remotely and we have colleagues across the country that we need to communicate with daily for various projects. Slack is a very fast and easy way to do that. It doesn't fully replace email, but it does speed things up quite a bit for simple questions and answers. It's pretty easily searchable, too, if you ever need to go back and find something later. I like that you can create specific channels and conversations to keep workflow properly siloed. Mobile app is also great and just as easy to use. Overall great tool for quick communications.

Huonot puolet:

It almost has too many features....It could definitely be simplified. There are just SO MANY things you can do with it that it can honestly be overwhelming at times if you click the wrong button or don't know how to use a certain feature. It also bothers me that there aren't "read" notifications in Slack, so you can't tell whether or not someone has seen your message. Kind of annoying when you're waiting for a reply on something.

Cole
Operations Specialist, USA
Kulutustavarat, 51–200 - työntekijät

Slack is Much More Than Just Messaging

5,0 4 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Simply put, Slack solved the issue of under communicating within our business. The software added a new medium that allows employees to solve problems faster and complete tasks sooner by eliminating unnecessary in-person discussions and remain connected even when remote. Working from home continues to become more and more popular and Slack has now become absolutely vital in allowing that to be done. We're able to chat, phone and video call, screen share, file upload and more! We are very pleased with how useful the software has proven to be.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack's list of pros far outweigh the software's cons. Most importantly, Slack is extremely simple to install and learn! Everything about the user-face is intuitive and looks very similar to tradition messaging applications. Certainly, the messaging functionality of Slack is the greatest pro. The software is available for all computer devices and smartphone devices which allows everyone to stay connected whenever and wherever they need to. Another tremendously impactful pro is the screen sharing function; this is critical to successfully working from numerous offices or from home. It allows us to walk through problems as they arise and creatively collaborative on visuals. Lastly, Slack has the ability to integrate with a users Google Drive which makes file uploading and sharing seamless!!! I could go on but there are ultimately some of the greatest takeaways.

Huonot puolet:

One of the greatest cons many employees have identified is the software's nagging "unread" notification. A new/unread message badge will appear on both the smartphone and computer applications for a message that has often times already been read. This occurs when the incoming message is received while the application is already open on a device. For instance, like many of us do, I keep the my application open in one of my dual monitors (meaning it is open at all times) and if I have the chat open to Sally's chat and Sally messages me, I will have a new message notification until I click "Mark as read" within our already visible chat. It's a rather small con but it sometimes creates confusion.

Yann
Yann
Consultant, Suomi
Verkkomedia, Itsetyöllistetyt
Arvostelijan lähde

THE digital tool for team communication

5,0 3 vuotta sitten

Hyvät puolet:

I think that, these days, Slack is among the most popular picks for teams that would like to work remotely, for instance. So, through Slack, teams get a sort of a centralized digital hub where they can gather and exchange value and info. I'm a fan of the ability, that nowadays, Slack gives to its users, of being able to host call straight from Slack. No worries about third-party platforms working with Slack, you can use the platform's own technology to communicate with the members of your team, video calls included. Plus, the smartphone app enables you to work, access your Slack channels and interact with people from anywhere. And lastly, I'm a big fan of the Apps integrations that can be used with Slack. Would you like for your Slack channel to do something you can't do right now? There's probably a Slack app for that. Are you looking for a better way to use Slack in combination with a project management tool you use? It's doable, and so is providing customer support by connecting your customer service tool to Slack.

Huonot puolet:

I'm probably not the first to say this but, when it comes to Slack notifications, there must be a better way to control them. Think about having a very engaged Slack space with several channels... and each channel received and keeps receiving a notification after the other. It can be disruptive and distracting, and I think it's something that Slack should address and change as soon as they can so that users don't get "bombarded" by a ton of notifications.

Álvaro
DevOps Engineer, Espanja
Tietokoneen ohjelmistot, 51–200 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

The chat app for developer teams that is a pleasure to use, when connection issues don't bother you.

5,0 2 vuotta sitten

Kommentit: Slack is the de facto chat app for developer teams. Although with some rough edges here and there, with Slack we were able to easily integrate existing and custom solutions that helped us better keep track of what is happening in the team and with the projects. Huddles are also a great way to communicate, as we were able to talk with the team any time, making our workflow and sharing experiences easy.

Hyvät puolet:

The interface is easy to use. Everything is laid out in 2 to 3 columns: the sidebar with all the channels and contacts, the main chat column and an optional third column for viewing threads. This way, you can always focus on what you/other are trying to tell. The message box is a pleasure to use, as it allows writing formatted messages easily; and sharing files is as easy as drag and drop. Threads, although I was a bit against it at first, help branch some conversations so you or your team can add details without breaking the main conversation. Huddles are also a great way to real time communication. They allow teams to communicate easily, like we were in a room in the same place, where anyone can join and leave at any time, without depending on others. Finally, the API is powerful. Although a bit complex at times, integrating custom apps and workflows allows expanding the knowledge of the team at any given point in time greatly. Also, the music that plays when waiting alone in a huddle is a good bonus.

Huonot puolet:

Communicating outside messages is a little bit confusing sometimes. Slack has two features, huddles and calls. Huddles are for quick audio communication while calls are regular calls with video support. Both (sometimes) do their job well, however, it is confusing when to use one or another, as both have overlapping features but implemented in different ways. Connection to Slack servers are also an issue. Calls suddenly drop or audio lags heavily, messages take a lot of time to send, and the macOS version sometimes hangs without response, forcing the user to forcefully exit. Finally, forwarding and sharing messages with other teammates is sometimes complex, as there are two ways to do this, and both don't work when you expected to.

Disaster Information Analyst, USA
Voittoa tuottamattomien järjestöjen hallinta, 10 000+ - työntekijät
Lähde: GetApp

Great messaging platform with a ton of great plugins

5,0 6 vuotta sitten

Hyvät puolet:

My team uses Slack at work and I basically live in that app. It manages to solve a bunch of needs at once, from instant messaging, to video chat, to a team wiki, and much more. The open and closed channels (for public and private conversations) are a great way to cut down on emails. The ability to customize your notifications means you can control how often you want to be bugged about what is happening in each conversation, and the alert forwarding means you don't have every device you own ringing with every single message you get. The file sharing and rich search means that just about any in-progress document that is being collaborated upon can live in Slack. We love the Post feature that allows you to create Markup-friendly documents directly in Slack that can be referenced easily. We use them as a sort of knowledge management tool for new users to get caught up or existing users to reference important information. And perhaps my favorite feature is the vibrant development community that has created what feels like hundreds of different plugins and apps. Some of these connect with popular web tools like Google Drive (connecting it will alert you directly in Slack when a document you own has been edited or commented on), or apps designed specifically for Slack. These include everything from chat bots to polls, to much more.

Huonot puolet:

While it's great that there is a version of Slack for just about every conceivable platform, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc., as well as a web version, the desktop apps are basically just web containers and don't feel as snappy at times as they could. And while most of my team is tech savvy, some of the tools are not particularly user-friendly for those who aren't comfortable with the things like slash-commands.