Tuotteen Slack arvostelut

4,7 (22 064)

Tietoja tuotteesta Slack

Slack kokoaa kaiken viestinnän yhteen paikkaan. Se tarjoaa reaaliaikaisen viestinnän, arkistoinnin ja haut nykyaikaisille tiimeille.

Lue lisää tuotteesta Slack

Hyvät puolet:

And I have really enjoyed the community-centred interests people put into ensuring your challenges are taken care of is really encouraging. I love Slack for this singular effort.

Huonot puolet:

The only drawback is that we just have too many avenues where we connect and so Slack just got lost with all the other programs and didn't become a priority. This is why we no longer use it.

Slack: arvostelut

Keskimääräinen pisteytys

Helppokäyttöisyys
Asiakaspalvelu
Ominaisuudet
Vastinetta rahalle

Todennäköisyys suosittelulle

Tuotteen Slack yleisarvosana on 4,7/5 tähteä. Se perustuu 22 064 Capterran käyttäjän arvosteluun.

Oletko käyttänyt tuotetta Slack aiemmin?

Jaa kokemuksesi muiden ohjelmisto-ostajien kanssa.

Suodata arvosteluja (22 064)

Leha
Leha
Content Writer, Intia
Kirjoittaminen ja editointi, Itsetyöllistetyt

Slack: The Bridge Connecting Colleagues With Effective Communication

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: While Slack is not extra-ordinary, it certainly is reliable. Its quick communication is the most attractive thing about it. If the problems are fixed, then it can do so much better.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is a holistic platform which allows to integrate with other office tools and spaces. The best part about it is that one doesn't have to check their mails often. When your workplace is virtually available on Slack, 24*7 updates are available on a simple notification. With detailed notification settings, one can also choose to appear offline/away after office hours. Another good thing about it is, Slack is neither too personal nor to formal. You can chat/reach out to any member of the company at any time without having to worry if you are disturbing someone or being too informal in doing so. The reminders for meetings and special events eliminate the need to mark them personally on a calendar. All in all, Slack is the ultimate interface every organisation needs.

Huonot puolet:

One of the things that needs improvement is the audio-visual quality of the video call service of Slack. That really needs working. Apart from this, Slack can be a little confusing with many channels that one has to navigate through. Channels are like sub-groups within one common platform. Too many channels can sometimes create confusion and miscommunication. Another problem would be its limitation of working smoothly only on the app. It often runs roughly on Chrome or any other browser.

Ilan
Ilan
Graphic Designer, USA
Graafinen suunnittelu, Itsetyöllistetyt

Slack Review

4,0 4 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Slack has been a go-to team meeting and chat platform at different positions and also during communal club spaces for organizations, such as the graphic design organization AIGA, which I frequent within my local design community. I haven't had any major issues with it thus far ans can easily recommend it. Being a business-focused chat space it also does not have silly loading messages like Discord which I've also used and which also worked well, but felt a bit unprofessional at times.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is an easy to navigate, light on hardware platform to facilitate teamwork. You won't need a top of the line computer to run it so even in remote work conditions you will reliably have it available. There are not excessive features to get lost in or particular issues finding your team meetings constantly, a code to the overall Slack channel is sufficent. As opposed to other productsused for video conferences such as Zoom, everything is built in on Slack for "one stop shopping" using the program. It allows for image uploads and other useful tools such as split channels for specific tasks like designating a set of crew members to a task in a server,

Huonot puolet:

The user interface is readable but slightly bland with the entire white color scheme. It's not strictly necessary but it can be difficult to only look at that color scheme for when you use it, other programs like Discord have variability.

Vahvistettu arvostelija
consulting services and developing software solutions, Vietnam
Biotekniikka, 51-200 - työntekijät

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Hyvät puolet:

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Huonot puolet:

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Property Manager & Cleaner., USA
Vieraanvaraisuuspalvelut, 2-10 - työntekijät
Käytti ohjelmistoa seuraavaan tarkoitukseen: 1–5 kuukautta
Arvostelijan lähde

It can Slack like the best.

3,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: Besides having to reset the phone or clearing room out, the app works.

Hyvät puolet:

I am very happy with Slack as a DM service. The company I work with has their own channel and profile and we can send messages fairly easily. It has the Twitter and FB thing where you tag with @ and the person's name to reply to, tag or DM them - I find it super helpful. But having like 20+ people slos the server exponentially. I have a decent Moto Stylus. It doesn't do it all but has plenty of memory to operate; however I'm having to restart my phone or clear my cache almost every 3 days? I'm happy you can DM in a business environment instead of messenger though! And the one on the computer works ok not the best though.

Huonot puolet:

To get the job done, it works. I just wish I could figure out why my notifications won't work with it. It is frustrating to lose a clean or even miss something from the bigger bosses!

Goran
Owner, Kroatia
Vapaa-aika, matkailu ja turismi, 2-10 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

The only way to communicate within a team

5,0 3 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: I use it for all manners of communication with my team - from quick huddles when we get stuck and need a rubber ducky moment, to bigger team meetings. We have groups for smaller teams to collaborate in, we have fun channels to blow off steam, and we even use it for the food train organization.

Hyvät puolet:

It is easy to use and feels natural. For us coming from Discord or IRC, it is very intuitive to understand how to use it without any learning curve whatsoever. Slack helps me connect with coworkers, share project updates, send cat photos to my team, send random funny quotes, gifs, reactions, all of it still in a very professional application that handles all of my communication needs.

Huonot puolet:

Slack sometimes becomes too much, but it is easy to mute it to focus on work so this is easily solveable.

Pranav
Pranav
Chief Executive Officer, Mauritius
Suunnittelu, 1 001-5 000 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

The Ultimate Tool to Work From Home!

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Slack enables me to coordinate all my Meetings and Team communications in a very professional Manner. It has been a great platform to share our files. Screen sharing is another add on worth it.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is a well thought platform for Entrepreneurs to use and be more efficient in a timely manner. Working from home, this tool has enabled me to work everything out on a single software and this saves me a lot of time.

Huonot puolet:

Concerning the Drawbacks, i have not quite found any yet, it is very user friendly and everyday you learn something new about the various features it has.

Risha
Risha
Risha Kapoor, Intia
Tiedotuspalvelut, 11-50 - työntekijät
Käytti ohjelmistoa seuraavaan tarkoitukseen: 1–5 kuukautta

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

Very creative and perfect team management and messaging tool

4,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: With the help of Slack, we can share and save documents easily and whenever a new person is joining a team. You will be notified with the welcome note and you can easily see the reactions by your team members on different groups.

Hyvät puolet:

Instant messaging and uploading documents. I also like the direct messaging feature where you can reply using threads. And, if you want to talk to your peer instantly, you can easily do the needful using Huddle for calling. Slack is actually an improvised version of Skype. Skype is outdated and boring, whereas slack is a platform where you can create teams and manage them all together.

Huonot puolet:

Pricing. As compared to other platforms like Skype, Slack is way too expensive for smaller companies.

Handel
Handel
Videographer, USA
Verkkomedia, 2-10 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

They call it slack because... well...

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Instant messaging and relaying of files is made easy with Slack. Much easier than Skype or Discord, both which have sloppy organization systems. Slacks channel feature makes it easy to organize groups and compile topics. Slack is a vital instant messaging application that can be integrated with other platforms. It is powerful!

Hyvät puolet:

Instant messaging is a functionality that many workflow organizers lack. Trello, Airtable, Node, Asana, so many of them lack an instant messaging feature. Slack is an integral part to organized, channeled instant messaging, but that is really all it is for. File sharing made easy, and message logs made easy with an intuitive search feature, slack is a robust message tool that beats Skype and Discord.

Huonot puolet:

Slack can promote an environment of talking rather than working. This is more of a greater problem with instant messaging. Not all workforces need instant messaging to crack jokes and ask questions all the time. Sometimes it is better to work in controlled periods without any interruptions. Therefore, instant notifications can be disabled. Slack should add a feature where you can disable notifications based on a time schedule.

Information technology specialist, USA
Koulutuksen hallinta, 2-10 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

Superb for communication and live chats call it "slack"

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Slack integrates nearly with all other softwares ,and this has helped to get real time information . No massaging tool I have found such flexible as this.

Hyvät puolet:

This product has very friendly features that are not complex for non IT Professionals , very easy to use .The aspect of getting real- time massaging through chats and calls is very fundamental force for business growth.

Huonot puolet:

One thing I haven't been satisfied with this tool is during the video conferencing it keeps on freezing mostly when using a. Mobile phone.

el mahdi
el mahdi
office assistant, Marokko
Tiedotuspalvelut, Itsetyöllistetyt
Arvostelijan lähde

The best in managing meetings

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Excellent experience managing many projects at once, easy and practical conversations, it is not free, but it shortens time and effort, when you own it you can dispense with many programs

Hyvät puolet:

I like a lot of services in Slack, for example: - Ease of use - The actual messaging app is practical and fast - a suitable price - Ideal in managing meetings, excellent sound and picture quality, easy data sharing

Huonot puolet:

Slack is an excellent program that it is difficult to find a weak point, but it is good to work more on speeding up the upload of large data, the free version is limited and this is also normal

Mona
Office manager, USA
Asianajotoiminta, 11-50 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

The best option for chat and communication

5,0 4 viikkoa sitten Uusi

Kommentit: This experience has been very satisfying with minor hiccups.
Slack is the best option for chat and communication in a work environment.
I'm the office manager for a law practice.
I'm handling files that shouldn't be sent through unencrypted SMS or social media, clients won't be happy with us if the entire world finds out they've filed for bankruptcy.
Slack is very similar to those, it's just better structured and more secure to use for work.
It couldn't be more convenient or any easier. I open Slack and I literally have everything in front of me. Tap once or twice and I'm in the right discussion, another tap and I'm looking at my co-workers face to face.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack couldn't be easier to use, I had mastered everything in a few minutes. There are several levels of communication. The first is Slack as a whole, then channels or topics, comment threads inside the channels, and direct or private messages. Video conferences or Slack huddles couldn't be easier and they're started and kept within Slack. Audio and Video clips can be sent in place of holding a real time meeting and watched at any time. This is very secure.

Huonot puolet:

If Slack isn't kept in check all of the channels can get overwhelming and hard to keep up with. I have to make sure unused channels get deleted or moved. I think the price is a bit ridiculous and the version you get for free is a huge step down from the Slack pro version. Slack pro is on sale frequently but the promotions usually only last 90 days and can only be used once. The other problem is the messages not being saved. We've all been really irritated with that at some point.

Jared Allen
Data Entry Specialist, Filippiinit
Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 201-500 - työntekijät

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: Generally, experience is very useful and helped in sorting out the group correspondence quite well. Professionals: The best thing about slack is group cooperation and correspondence. The gathering and classifications in view of the subject are very great and help in the isolation of content in light of need. Also, it is very organized and easy to communicate especially in posting in thread.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack assists you with talking and communicating with specific individuals and groups inside your association or different associations with Slack rapidly. It likewise allows you to track all that individuals have said about a thought so you can look by catchphrase for a particular thought. I love it. I use it consistently, and you might actually say it's the collective conscience for the association. It's such a ton lighter than an email client, and I want to do my help tickets with different associations with it(honestly, there's likely an application for it out there). This leads me to another incredible point; Slack is perfect for rapidly imparting thoughts and coordinating a few applications. Pretty soon, the association between SF and Slack will improve, I'm certain. Your association needs Slack in the event that it can manage the cost of it. It is priceless for diminishing the time it takes to team up and use aggregate insight.

Huonot puolet:

Allow me to begin by saying you're likely not going to find anything better than Slack. These reactions are enhancements to the item I think ought to be made however are in no way, shape, or form a legitimization for why you shouldn't utilize this. Email is killing your business by making you and your group sit around idly. My one test with any undertaking application is that it can get somewhat hard to figure even to design every one of those settings(email is more awful at this than Slack). I wish that settings were suggested in view of the use of highlights inside the application. Kindly assist me with figuring out how to involve Slack in additional useful ways. Kindly don't make me swim through help articles and directions. All things considered, put the button to switch the setting in a pop-around directly in the center of my work process or in a notice on Slackbot so I can roll out the improvement there and see the reason why it will assist me with being more useful. Warnings are difficult to make due, however, they're getting better at that. Simply realize I'm suffocating and would cherish a component worked in that offered the response to FAQs by utilizing some ML(apps that do this are too costly on the API to be worth the effort). I'm a well-informed authority and get pinged with a lot of DMs and's in channels that basically have similar responses. Assist me with volume so I as a solitary individual can help more individuals. Some something to think about. Also, they

Deneb
Captain Accessible, USA
Internet, 2-10 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Pretty great way to connect with your team

4,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: I really enjoy using Slack to connect with various groups and individuals I need to interact with both inside and outside of my work organization. Adding additional connections outside of my organization is easy and then gives me access to all work-related communications inside the app I already use for work communications. Very convenient!

Hyvät puolet:

It's easy to set up new workspaces, and once they're set up you have an easy way to connect with all the people you work with simply and in either a synchronous or asynchronous way. This is especially helpful when connecting with people from multiple timezones.

Huonot puolet:

Video calls are pretty resource-intensive so it's sometimes hard to do such things as share your screen to demonstrate a problem you're working on. Furthermore, those controls always get in the way of what you're trying to do. It would be nice if they could be minimized into a floating button, or something, that you could move out of the way until you needed them.

Maurice
General Manager, Trinidad ja Tobago
Johdon konsultointi, 2-10 - työntekijät

This App doesn't Slack

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: Slack presented me with a simple solution to the communications challenges that come with project and office management. I started using it initially to manage an office, while in my early years of running a small office. We could streamline communications, tag persons who needed to get into a conversation, and we used their threading features to ensure that we could manage different conversations, all at once. That beat the use of Blackberry Messenger which we had been using earlier. When Whatsapp came on the scene, and people suggested we use that, it beat it by far as well. Slack was the best at keeping us on track, and it eventually allowed us to search channels which meant that we could now go back to previous discussions to help to keep track of things. Those two features sold me on the platform. I'll admit, when Microsoft 365 launched Teams, I ventured away from the hallowed halls of Slack, much to the chagrin of many. The thing is, I've passed the stage when I could stomach moving from platform to platform, login to login, bill to bill to assemble the best combination of everything. That aside, one needs to acknowledge that the Microsoft apps aren't the best in most of their fields (except Office), but they are pretty good. In this area, Slack is the best. They may have named it Slack, but they do not Slack at all.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is best-in class for project communications, and keeping your communications on course. They innovated in creating the platform, and while others may do well with one part or the other, they are the real macoy. All others are just trying to copy them.

Huonot puolet:

While their api opens Slack up to combine with other platforms, I really wish they had more native features.

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer, Irlanti
Tietokoneen ohjelmistot, 51-200 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Slack - business communicator for everyone

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: I was using Slack in various companies throughout my career and I have to admit it is the best business communicator I was using. Its design is intuitive and incredibly easy to use. During Video Conferencing the video is usually clear, the same as the voice. Messages and updates are delivered immediately. Some useful features like reacting to messages, a three-dot icon indicating that someone is writing, screen drawing during screen-sharing, or custom emotes make communication faster and more personal. There are also, a lot of additional plugins that allow different actions inside the app. Real-time notifications from external tools (like Jenkins), the possibility to create Jira tickets directly from Slack, or reading documents from Google Drive are only some of the options. The application can be tailored to the needs of different companies, so it can handle different tasks depending on the company.
The only flaw I can think of is the fact that Slack can become pricy the more users are using it. Because of that, some firms can seek a cheaper alternative.
All in all, Slack is the best communicator I was working with. Its ease of use with a lot of functionalities made my work communication easier, enjoyable, and more personal than any other tool I was using.

Hyvät puolet:

Intuitive design. Easy to use. Great mobile version. A number of features and plugins. Possibilities of customization.

Huonot puolet:

For some smaller companies, the price can be too high.

Álvaro
DevOps Engineer, Espanja
Tietokoneen ohjelmistot, 51-200 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

The chat app for developer teams that is a pleasure to use, when connection issues don't bother you.

5,0 viime kuussa Uusi

Kommentit: Slack is the de facto chat app for developer teams. Although with some rough edges here and there, with Slack we were able to easily integrate existing and custom solutions that helped us better keep track of what is happening in the team and with the projects. Huddles are also a great way to communicate, as we were able to talk with the team any time, making our workflow and sharing experiences easy.

Hyvät puolet:

The interface is easy to use. Everything is laid out in 2 to 3 columns: the sidebar with all the channels and contacts, the main chat column and an optional third column for viewing threads. This way, you can always focus on what you/other are trying to tell. The message box is a pleasure to use, as it allows writing formatted messages easily; and sharing files is as easy as drag and drop. Threads, although I was a bit against it at first, help branch some conversations so you or your team can add details without breaking the main conversation. Huddles are also a great way to real time communication. They allow teams to communicate easily, like we were in a room in the same place, where anyone can join and leave at any time, without depending on others. Finally, the API is powerful. Although a bit complex at times, integrating custom apps and workflows allows expanding the knowledge of the team at any given point in time greatly. Also, the music that plays when waiting alone in a huddle is a good bonus.

Huonot puolet:

Communicating outside messages is a little bit confusing sometimes. Slack has two features, huddles and calls. Huddles are for quick audio communication while calls are regular calls with video support. Both (sometimes) do their job well, however, it is confusing when to use one or another, as both have overlapping features but implemented in different ways. Connection to Slack servers are also an issue. Calls suddenly drop or audio lags heavily, messages take a lot of time to send, and the macOS version sometimes hangs without response, forcing the user to forcefully exit. Finally, forwarding and sharing messages with other teammates is sometimes complex, as there are two ways to do this, and both don't work when you expected to.

Rhonda
Supervisor, USA
Sairaalat ja terveydenhuolto, 11-50 - työntekijät

Multifaceted Messaging

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Some employees are not in the facility for most or all of the day. Slack helps me monitor everyone and is a way for us talk throughout the day. Employees working together or in rotation use slack to stay in touch too. In the morning we get everyone in a quick video conference to plan for the day and update. It's worked well.

Hyvät puolet:

I can create message channels and control or monitor who is in each, settings can be changed to public or private. Individuals can message privately too. I like how the channels are displayed I can find any of them quickly. Video calls can be created without leaving the messages screen. I can usually see and hear everyone clearly. Links open in the app and when I send photos and videos all load quickly.

Huonot puolet:

All of the messages aren't saved and I wasn't able to find a way to change the setting. I have had to save folders full of screenshots incase important messages get deleted. More value for money and less taken out of the lower price tiers would make Slack better too.

Brittany
NP Co-Founder and Executive Director, Small Business Owner/Operator, USA
Markkinointi ja mainonta, 2-10 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

Slack is a mainstay for my inter-connected teams and communities!

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is hands down my favorite way to keep productive up, communication lines between teams clear and more concise, and as a way of messaging back and forth in a pretty straight-forward, not super distracting way.

Huonot puolet:

There is not really a complaint I can think of in regards to Slack. I have never had a real issue with it in my 8+ years of using the application.

Person, Saksa
Voittoa tuottamattomien järjestöjen hallinta, 51-200 - työntekijät

Community Management for Non-Profit organizing

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: Setting up Slack was quite easy once we received a non-profit grant for the standard license. Some people had to be taught in detail but the transition was overall fluid and is now universally considered a smart move.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack enables structured communication within and across working groups (protest planning, tech, outreach, lobbying, etc.). Having access to all relevant streams of communication in one place (that isn't the personal messenging app) is crucial to maintain any semblance of structure.

Huonot puolet:

It took some time to figure out proper ways to handle our most common workflows with or without bots and integrations (eg. voting, scheduling). Integration with our knowledge base app, Nuclino, remains barely functioning.

Sreekanta
Research Analyst, USA
Koulutuksen hallinta, 51-200 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

It facilitates quicker and easier communication.

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten Uusi

Kommentit: I adored the audio and video quality as well as the screens sharing function.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack allows new users to start using it straight away with little to no setup required. The program offers a broad list of apps that may be integrated so that information can be discussed across a range of platforms from inside of Slack. Google Drive is one of the most popular programs, thus businesses who utilize Google Drive as their primary content management system should consider Slack. Slack has proven useful for both small and large businesses. Slack's numerous channels can be used by both small businesses and established organizations. It is simple to divide and conquer when each department has its own distinctive theme. It helps me and my team a lot while I am working on a research project.

Huonot puolet:

Slack is wonderful for swiftly keeping track of what's happening, but it falls short when it comes to talks that cover a wide range of topics. Deeper interactions are best left to other tools because it might be challenging to maintain a conversation from beginning to end. It can be challenging to keep up with multiple talks occurring at once, especially in a larger organization. Going back over talks to identify a specific topic can be difficult and time-consuming, even with distinct channels.

Bhavik Singh
Bhavik Singh
Content Strategist, Intia
Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 2-10 - työntekijät

Slack: The Tool That Sent Email Conversations Packing

5,0 2 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: The main problems we're solving is to do with communication. Since all our team members are working from the comforts of their homes, we need a place to sync all the time. Slack provides that platform. It's the place we convene and dismiss. Slack feels like home now. Everybody's connected and readily available.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack is one of the tools I didn't care about until I learned about it. And ever since I did, I've come to appreciate its awesomeness. Working in a SaaS company, with a work-from-home culture, software like Slack feels like an Elixr. There are no hassles when it comes to communication... No email. Simply interact and get the job done. The feature I like the most is its Huddle feature for 2-way audio-based communication. Overall, the software is pretty easy to use. Another cool feature is putting out status (in terms of availability). Whenever I'm AFK for lunch, I put on my availability status, just in case someone decides to reach out. It might sound small, but it works wonders when you're working from home. Another cool feature is that the messages are saved no matter how long back you or some team member (who might have even left) posted it. And there are so many integrations possible, which makes it ever so interesting. Playing trivia games daily is our team's one chance to engage in a virtual fun activity space, which is kind of fun. Also, I've had the opportunity to meet so many people in the various Slack communities. I mean there are other channels, but the quality of the network is definitely right up there.

Huonot puolet:

Even though Slack is an awesome tool, there's still some scope for improvement here. For instance, even though I mentioned Huddle as one of my favorite features, I've found some of my teammates complaining about not being able to connect, which gets a bit frustrating. Apart from that, there are features to set reminders and put other commands to help manage things better. I wish there was some kind of tutorial available to learn these things earlier. Another thing I wish was there was the ability to put out memes. I mean, I get it... it's a serious kind of platform, but sometimes memes just get the job done. I'd like to conclude by saying that it'd be cool if we could delete our messages (maybe within 5 mins of posting) too apart from just being able to edit them.

Graduate Research Assistant, USA
Kemikaalit, 201-500 - työntekijät

Huomioon otetut vaihtoehdot:

Slack is the ultimate team-discourse application

5,0 3 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: Slack has drastically increased our workplace productivity, especially by promoting communication between those that work in the office, and those that work at home.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack manages to maintain a comfortable work-home boundary with the introduction of different channels. The ability to create "private" channels within a workspace also helps to build community. File sharing is convenient and easy to understand, and the notification settings are remarkable.

Huonot puolet:

Often if a notification is received on one device (i.e. laptop) it will not always push to another (i.e. phone)

Prasath
Freelancer, Intia
Kirjoittaminen ja editointi, Itsetyöllistetyt

Slack - An incredibly popular workplace messaging app

5,0 3 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: Over the past year and a half, I have used Slack as my primary communication and productivity tool. I have been impressed with the platform's ease of use and the breadth of features it offers to its users. I have also been impressed with the number of Slack integrations available, which have increased my productivity and efficiency. I have also been impressed with the amount of support Slack provides its users, which has allowed me to focus on my work rather than troubleshooting problems. Initially as a tool to help me communicate and collaborate with my team and later as a place to share and discuss content with the world. I’ve been impressed with the ease of use and the power of the platform. Over time, I’ve found that Slack has become a key part of how I communicate and share information. I can get a lot done in Slack, but there are still some things that keep me on the platform instead of other tools.

Hyvät puolet:

1. Slack is an incredibly popular workplace messaging app that’s used by millions of people every day. It’s a great tool for keeping groups together, sharing information, and collaborating 2. It is used by over 13 million daily active users and has been valued at over $2.8 billion. Slack is an excellent tool for team communication 3.Slack is a messaging app that lets you send messages, files, and emojis to coworkers and clients. It’s a great way to communicate and collaborate 4. Slack is one of the most popular workplace communication platforms, used by more than one-quarter of companies with more than half a billion daily active users. The platform is loved by some, hated by others, and many are still undecided about its usefulness 5. When most people think of communication, they think of email. But when it comes to team communication, email doesn’t always work. It can be hard to keep in touch with a single platform, and it’s easy for the conversation to get derailed or get lost in the shuffle. But now there’s another option: Slack. 6. It has many advantages, such as the ability to share files and work together on large files in the same workspace

Huonot puolet:

1. The biggest disadvantage of using Slack is that you can’t customize it to suit your team’s needs. For example, you can’t customize the design of your channel or change the background color. 2. It's great for broadcasting what's happening in your team, but it's not a good place to brainstorm, share confidential information, or make decisions. It's also difficult to get individual attention when you need it.

Gregor
Senior Operations Executive, Britannia
Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 1 001-5 000 - työntekijät
Arvostelijan lähde

Slack is excellent and I think it should be used by every business

5,0 4 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: Mostly for quick and efficient communication across teams and with colleagues in other countries. I also use it frequently for managing access to my Google Drive, for managing cross-team projects through Google Drive, for tracking Jira tickets and updates and much more. We use it for team meetings, sharing each other's screens when required. We also use it for cross-team discussion about issues and to create a history of previous issues and collaboration that is easy to check.

Hyvät puolet:

So many things: firstly, how quick and easy it is to communicate across teams and countries within my organisation. It is so much faster than sending an email and so much easier to attach documents, manage document access, and more. It's really quick to search for a specific issue across slack channels. It's great to be able to make new channels about specific issues and to be able to tag colleagues in those channels. It's really well-integrated into my google drive which makes my life so much easier. I like that you can grant access to a document simply by posting a link to it in a channel, rather than manually granting everyone access. I like being able to send myself messages as reminders. I like being able to call people through it. I like being able to reply in thread. It creates a great and easy-to-access record of all sorts of issues and collaborations, in a way that is far more streamlined than through email. I like being able to add colleagues to channels when required. It is great for managing Jira tickets. I also like being able to quote messages. Slack is brilliant!

Huonot puolet:

Just some small things: it would be nice to get a proper notification when something is posted in select channels. Currently I only get notified if I'm tagged in a message in a channel, and when I'm working it's difficult to constantly keep an eye on the channels to see if there's an important message that I haven't been tagged in. I also find it annoying that if I make a group chat, all previous messages disappear if I add someone new. When I message myself for notes, I find it frustrating that the messages aren't more clearly separated - it becomes quite a mess in there. I would like to get a notification every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in - this doesn't seem to always happen. Finally, I would like the emojis to be easier to type, rather than having to open up the emojis every time I want to add one, it would be nice if it were easier to add two at once.

Meraz
Meraz
Assistant Manager, Irlanti
Tietotekniikka ja tietopalvelut, 10 000+ - työntekijät

Slack: The Ultimate Collaboration and Task-Completion Platform

4,0 4 kuukautta sitten

Kommentit: Slack suits large enterprises with several departments and teams who communicate regularly. It's fast and informal. Slack is easy to use on a smartphone, making it helpful for traveling. It's less suitable for siloed or formalized teams.

Hyvät puolet:

Slack rocks. We use many channels to keep consumer, internal, and tech support communications distinct. This is a fast and simple communication tool that my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] might use to ask for my help with a customer or team procedure. It's also important to "document" queries and replies for future reference. We utilize Slack to connect with our staff, form department/project groups, and incorporate clients. It keeps us organized and simplifies communication. Connecting Slack to Apps helps with file sharing, client feedback, and document management.

Huonot puolet:

Slack calls/huddles don't terminate immediately. When someone calls using Slack, direct join call option is confused; it states join huddle and call attend choice doesn't function effectively. No direct connection for entering the Slack meeting.